Friday, June 18, 2010

How it all got started

I thought I might write about how Payton and I got to where we are now!

I was working at a salon here in town. I friend of mine suggested this guy to me and that we should all go out together. I wasn't sure if I was ready for a big relationship yet, but didn't mind getting to know him. Payton and I started exchanging messages on myspace at the time just chatting back and forth. Later on we decided to meet, but we didn't want it to appear as a blind date. So our mutual friend and another friend went and tagged along with Payton and me so it wouldn't be too awkward. We had a good time talking although Payton will not hesitate to tell you I was mean! :) Well .. anyways, after that night we were pretty much inseparable! July 17, 2007 is the "marker date".

We started discussing marriage sometime in 2008. We just wanted to relax and take it easy. Around August or so we started looking at rings. The first time we went and looked we didn't find anything, so the 2nd time we went back and were a little more prepared for what we wanted. We picked out the ring that very day. I was not expecting anything until sometime the next year. On November 5, 2008, Payton went to Little Rock with his Dad and Grandmother after he got off of work at 12 to pick up my ring! I was working 12-9 that day and came home in a horrible mood. I just wanted to relax, get a drink and chill out. Payton had told me that he was painting his Grandmothers bathroom that day so I figured he would of wanted to do the same. Well he had another agenda. He kept asking me to sit down beside him and I didn't really want to. He was on the little couch and little did I know he had a ring box stuffed down in the couch to the side of him. I turned the other way to get something and when I went back to look at him he had the box. I was like "What are you doing?" "Payton!" and just kept asking "What are you doing???" He continued on with his speech and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was so unbelievably shocked! I couldn't believe he had that ring. After we were done talking and hugging he said "Now call your Mom!" LOL We called all of our close family and friends. It was a little late to call my Dad's parents but I did it anyway....The phone call was rather interesting... :)

All the wedding planning then began. I have to say our engagement was not stressful at all. We really enjoyed everything, and the wedding couldn't have been more perfect. I know everyone says that about their own wedding, but I would relive that day everyday. My parents went above and beyond to make that day absolutely special for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment