Monday, June 21, 2010

Prayer

I was very hurt by an anonymous person's comments on my last post. I am praying for these girls, and I am praying for direction in how I can help them. I KNOW about the power of many praying for change among people. I know how a community can work together, or even a small family... and the change in one's life that can be provided. Do not tell me that prayer alone will NOT help someone. I pray to a God that answers prayers. He hears our personal petitions. Answers or problems solved may not come immediately, but His will- WILL be done. God will provide me with a way to help them even if I am 2 hours away.

"REJOICE IN THE LORD ALWAYS. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN: REJOICE! LET YOUR GENTLENESS BE EVIDENT TO ALL. THE LORD IS NEAR. DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUESTS TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS." PHILIPPIANS 4: 4-7

I trust in the God I know! I know HE will guide me to help them, right now I can pray for direction in how HE wants me to help them. In the meantime, prayers among any will be MOST helpful to these sweet girls. They asked us all for forgiveness for the commotion. They asked US for prayers and LOVE to help them get through their pasts and to be there for them and show them the love of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment