Sunday, June 20, 2010

Our work is not done...

I am not certain who all reads our blog. I am sure that there are a few family members, some friends, and quite possibly people I have never met. I am feeling compelled to write about what is weighing heavy on my heart. I only pray that there are people out there that will have heavy hearts like mine and take action...Our work here on Earth is not done.

Payton and I went home this weekend for Father's Day. I will blog more on the festivities and laughs we all shared later. We went to church this morning with my father as any child would love to do and share in such a wonderful time. It is always so wonderful seeing all of the church family who "helped with your raising" as I would call it. My hometown church is full of love and wonderful people. Although it is very small, I have great respect for the people in it and the work that they do. There is a Methodist founded girls home in my hometown. They come from troubled backgrounds and are in great need of lots of love, prayers, and well.. a home. The girls are supposed to go to different Methodist churches in the area. Well, this Sunday they came to ours. I will leave out most of the details, but there was an outburst with one of the young girls during the offetory...cursing was exchanged among a couple of them, and well needless to say our work is not done here.

In my observations in the schools, just in the different communities, and well in our own church visitors, there are so many people who still don't know Jesus. They don't know the friend that I do. I have never in my lifetime seen a young girl have so much pain in her. She obviously had a very bad family life before and had been through quite a bit. Most of the time we don't take the time to get to know people. We aren't out there in the "nitty gritty" or "thick of things". We go about our daily lives living in our own worlds and do not pay attention or help all of these people that are hurting far worse than we have ever known. Many times we go through rough patches and think our world's are crushing down on us.... seriously? Most of us have homes to go to, we have food, we have 2 parents or sometimes more..like Payton, we have grandparents, and most of us still have our greats, and many of us have siblings. We are blessed beyond belief. We are sooo BLESSED. God has *blessed* US abundantly. How can we show these people how blessed they are by the God that we all know? How can we help to show them how much He loves us all? How do we fix this problem that became so apparent to me and my husband today? Payton and I are choosing to pray and pray hard for these sweet girls. We don't have any idea what they've been through. We know that we can pray to our Lord, that He open their hearts and minds...so that they can know Him, the way that we do.

Can you join us in praying for these girls, and those that are hurting?

4 comments:

  1. prayer alone won't help anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. howsa bout you do something FOR these girls instead of just praying them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. clearly you have no idea what prayer can do for someone. you need to accept Jesus into your heart and realize what you're missing in your life. i will pray for you, who ever you are anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah you have always had a very special place in my heart and you always will. You are so sweet, kind and caring about others.These girls are so fortunate to have found a place in your heart and in your prayers. I will keep them in my prayers too.

    Love you,
    Ciri

    ReplyDelete